Michael Matejka & Jan Vetrovsky
Czech pair Michael Matejka and Jan Vetrovsky have continued their complete domination in the Junior C2 field with a commanding victory more than seven seconds ahead of silver medalists New Zealand.
Matejka and Vetrovsky were always destined for success asserting their strength from the start of competition, claiming wins in their heats, semi-finals and now the final.
Despite three gate touches the Czech pair recorded the fastest final run of 122.90 to finish nearly eight seconds ahead of New Zealand duo Daniel Munro and Luke Robinson
The pair believed they could win the world title from the outset and were happy with their final run.
“It was a good run. We had two touches but it was a good run”, Matejka said.
Polish crew Adam Kozub and Jakob Jeklin secured the bronze, 12.16 seconds behind the winners.
The victory makes it two C2 titles in as many days for the Czech Republic after Jonas Kaspar and Mark Sindler took out the U23 title on Friday.
Official result below.
JNR C2M Final
1. Matejka/Vetrovsky (CZE) - 122.90 (6)
2. Munro/Robinson (NZL) - 130.56
3. Kozub/Brzezsinski (POL) - 135.06 (8)
4. Testen/Jeklin (SLO) - 135.73 (10)
5. Mrazek/Rousek (CZE) - 186.14 (56)
6. Machado/Coggan (USA) - 199.60 (60)
7. De Borba/De Borba (BRA) - 238.79 (110)
8. Lowther/Crawford (AUS) - 266.39 (116)
9. De Carvalho/De Carvalho (BRA) - 268.13 (114)
10. Kaspar/Mruzek (CZE) - 301.87 (162)