Level 1 Slalom Coaching Course
Are you interested in coaching slalom but not sure where to start?
Do you already coach but have no current qualification?
Then this course is for you
The Australian Canoeing Level 1 Slalom Coaches award qualifies you to introduce the sport of Slalom to beginners and coach at a club level.
The course comprises;
- Completion of 7online learning modules covering Coaching theory, bullying & child protection issues and OH&S considerations. These can be done in your own time prior to attending the Sport specific session
- 2 days of Slalom specific information. This is a combination of Classroom & practical sessions where the specifics of Slalom are covered in more detail and the coaching theory of the online training is applied
- 12 weeks of practical coaching.
- Minimum age is 16 years old
- To gain certification you must complete
- First Aid certificate
- Australian Canoeing Member protection form
- Working With Children Check (if you are over 18 years)
The cost of the course is approximately $150 including the $44 required to register with Australian canoeing on completion.
The Slalom specific weekend will be held on 26 & 27 January 2013 at Penrith NCE Office.
A minimum of 5 required for the course to run.